1. someone who does not know whether they are a nerd or a geek, and has decided to opt for both.
2. an intellectually-minded person.
3. …one with any of a wide variety of interests about which they are unironically enthusiastic, including (but not limited to):
– various franchises (television programs, films, novels, etc.)
– academic subjects (mathematics, science, engineering, linguistics, history, etc.)
– technology (computing, crafts, etc.)
– interests or hobbies which others deem obscure, obsessive, or immature (trading cards, video games, comic books, superheroes, fantasy, science fiction, etc.)
– fine arts
– non-mainstream music
portmanteau of the words “nerd” and “geek.”
suffix of nouns
1. indicates a place with specified characteristics.
from the Greek tóp(os), meaning place.
1. a place for neeks of all kinds to enjoy themselves.
“neek” + “-topia.”